There are a set of formal requirements that most colleges will require as they consider your homeschool student for admission to their courses. While each school will have their own unique needs, high school transcripts may be taken as a definite requirement.
Who makes the Transcripts
Normally the homeschool teacher is reponsible for creating the high school transcript for the homeschool student and sending it ahead to the college. Since the day to day running of a homeschool is very different from regular shcool, it can be a daunting task to keep the progress of the homeschool student well recorded. Especially over the four years of High School. For this reason the homeschool parent may take help of a service that specializes in transcript generation.
What Should a Transcript Include?
Again, different High Schools may add or delete some data, but given below is the general information that any High School Transcript is expected to contain:
- Name of the Student
- Name of the Homeschool (this could be name you gave it, or if your student has attended a school online you can mention it’s name)
- Complete Address for communication including postal address, email and phone number
- The Course List of all the subjects that the homeschool student has studies through out the four academic years of High School.
- The Institutions where each subject was taught, be it at home, an online course, a community college, etc.
- The Grade Scale used for the homeschool should be mentioned as well as the GPA that the homeschool student has scored.
- It is helpful to add the credits in an organized manner by listing them all per semester and year from 9th to 12th grade.
- The date of graduation of the homeschool student.
- The Signature Block of the Homeschool Teacher with full name, date and place.
Do ensure that any certifications done online, or through a community college are also added with the official transcript from the instituition being attached to this document created by the homeschool teacher.
It may seem like a lot, but being organized and with a little discipline the creation of the homeschool student’s High School Transcript can be handled with ease.